In order to truly cultivate deep love for yourself it is important to implement daily habits and tips for self love.
Many people think that self love involves a long bath, some candles, and painting their nails. Although these things are nice, indulging in a self care night once a month, is not the most effective way to build greater self love in your life. In order to truly deepen your inner love, it is important to implement self love habits and practices into your daily life.
Like building any other habit, if you commit to doing it daily, over time it will become second nature. By implementing the following habits and tips for self love you will soon feel more balanced, refreshed, and happy with your life.
Establish A Morning Routine For You
For many, the morning is a frantic time. Rushing around all morning just to get out the door and to the office on time. But, by simply getting up a little earlier, you can create a morning routine that allows you to start the day off on your terms. By starting the day off with things you enjoy, you are proving to yourself that you are worthy of time for yourself first thing in the morning. This is an incredible act of self love and self care.
In terms of establishing a morning routine, it is important to make it something you enjoy. If you fill it with activities or tasks that you dread then you will hit the snooze button a dozen times before getting up. Below are some ideas to include in your morning routine. I suggest you include some or all of the following.
Morning Routine Ideas
- Phone Free Time: For the duration of your morning routine, or at least the first 30 minutes of your day, I suggest not going on social media or emails. This allows you to really be with yourself first thing in the morning, without distractions from the outside world.
- Hydration: First thing in the morning we are dehydrated from a long night’s sleep. So commit to drinking at least 8-16 oz of water when you wake up. If you can, do this before your coffee or tea to really hydrate your cells and wake you up.
- Practice Mindfulness: This step can be done in a multitude of different ways. Journaling, meditating, yoga, or prayer are all great options. But, if none of these are your thing, then maybe you just commit to being mindful during one of your morning activities. Perhaps you commit to being fully present with your self when you enjoy your morning coffee or apply your skincare. Regardless, try to spend at least 2-5 minutes in the morning being mindful before you start your day.
- Move Your Body: Start your day off with some sort of movement, even if it’s 1 minute of stretches before you get out of bed or a walk around your house. Get your body moving to stretch out any kinks from sleeping and get your blood pumping.
- Get Inspired: In the morning, consume something that will help you to grow or get you inspired. This may be a favorite podcast, a book, or a show you enjoy. This should be the last part of your routine so that you can begin the day on your terms with your thoughts before adding in inspiration from others. Something I do every morning that is simple but gets me inspired is reading one page from The Daily Stoic book. Find something that gets you excited and ready to start your day off right.
Regardless of what you include in your morning routine. Give yourself at least 15 minutes of extra time in the morning that is just for you. Allowing yourself space to start your day on your terms is an ultimate form of self love.
STRUGGLING WITH SELF CARE RIGHT NOW? GET A FREE CHECKLIST TO STAY ON TRACK We all require self care and we often don’t allow ourselves enough time and space to spend time alone and truly give ourselves from self care. So, today I wanted to share a fun way to make self care easier for […]Read More
FREE DOCTORS APPOINTMENT CHECKLIST AND NOTES SHEET With everything that is going on within the world, it can be easy to get sucked into negative thinking. This can lead to a lot of anger, sadness, and difficult emotions in your life. But, it does not have to be this way. Yes, it is extremely important […]Read More
FREE DOCTORS APPOINTMENT CHECKLIST AND NOTES SHEET Growing up with IBD since the age of 11, I have seen many different doctors for different aspects of my medical care. Some I have loved and some were not for me, some I have stuck with, and others I have left, but through it all I have […]Read More