5 WAYS TO SUPPORT THOSE LIVING WITH IBD

World IBD Day is one of my favorite days of the year. 

It is a day where all the Crohn’s and Colitis Warriors do not go unnoticed.

It is a day where people become more educated about IBD.

It is a day where funds are raised to find better treatments and a CURE.

But most importantly, it is a day that allows people with IBD to feel supported in a sea of purple. 

I was debating what I wanted to share on the blog about World IBD Day this year. But, then it hit me, why not share ways that people can support those with IBD on World IBD Day on May 19th 2019. So, today I compiled a list of 5 ways to show support for those living with IBD!

If you are looking for more ways to raise awareness, make sure you read my last blog post on 5 WAYS TO RAISE AWARENESS FOR IBD! 

SHOW SUPPORT 

1. Wear Purple Everything

Purple ribbons, purple shirts, purple pants, purple dresses, purple earnings, purple sunglasses, purple wigs, purple EVERYTHING. But, seriously wear as much purple as you can, but even just wearing a ribbon is enough to show your support. 

2. Educate Yourself

Find an online webinar or conference to join. Or educate yourself using some reputable sources such as:

Crohns and Colitis Canada Research 

Crohns and Colitis Foundation of America Research 

Other blog posts that I think have a lot of value can be found here

3.  Join a Community 

Joining a community could mean joining a physical community group, or it could be as simple as liking your Crohns and Colitis Local Facebook or Instagram page. I happen to run the Crohn’s and Colitis Canada Windsor Chapter page for Facebook and Twitter. So, be sure to check those out. Otherwise, find a community group near you by clicking here

4. Make a Donation

Make a donation to your local Crohns and Colitis organization or attend one of the walks for Crohns and Colitis. In Canada we have the Gutsy Walk at the beginning of June every year. 

If you would like to donate to my Gutsy Walk team, I would love if you could. Even a small amount can make a big difference. The money from all donations goes to Crohns and Colitis Canada who put 80% of all money earned towards new research of treatments and potential cures. The other 20% funds individual local chapters, with only a small percent going to the workers of Crohns and Colitis Canada. 

 

5.  Spread the Word

Use a Facebook Frame for IBD Awareness. Share some information about IBD from infographs and other sources. Be sure to use hashtags like #WorldIBDDay, #IBDAwareness, #CrohnsWarriors, #ColitisWarrior, and more. I also made an Instagram or Facebook story template that you can use to share your journey with IBD. 

INFOGRAPH-02

Otherwise, share an inforgraph with some information about IBD so that others can become more educated!

INFOGRAPH-01-01

Happy World IBD Day Everyone!

If you liked the post make sure to share it with a friend and subscribed to my blog to get email updates every time I post. Also be sure to follow me on InstagramFacebook and Pinterest to get more updates from me on my day to day life.

 
Your trusty, gutsy gal,
Nathalie xx
 

Processing…
Success! You're on the list.
Advertisements

Posted by

I am a 22-year-old Canadian woman with a passion to share my Crohn's journey with the world. My mission with this blog is to help Chronic Illness Warriors go after a better life with the use of self love, motivation, and health tips. I am currently in my 4th year of university for architecture school, and will be doing my Master's next year. If you want to know more about my health journey and myself, make sure to check out the "About Me" tab at the top of the page.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s